Thursday, April 2, 2009

Night Training Day 1

Yesterday night was the beginning of the "night training" for Justyn. He has been waking up every night for the past 10 months. At 2 plus a.m. and at 5 plus a.m. Finally I decided to harden my heart yesterday and let him cry and NOT pick him up.

So when Justyn woke up at 230 a.m. crying again, I fed him milk and put him down on his mattress to sleep. He kept crying and throwing tantrums. But I just allowed him to cry and refused to pick him up! But man, it was not easy ... heart wrenching ... but I told myself if I dun start training Justyn to fall back to sleep on his own, I will have to keep waking up and rock him to sleep.

As this was the first night of training, I let him cry for 30 mins, picked him up and comforted him for a while and put him back down again. The moment I picked him up, he stopped crying. And the moment I put him down, he started screaming again. (Kids nowadays are very smart!!!) This whole process went on for 2 hours before Justyn finally gave up crying and slept!

My prayer for the past 10 months was: Oh God! When will this every end???

But of cuz, putting this aspect aside, Justyn has been the joy of both Chong and I. Once this sleeping pattern can be resolved, things will look brighter for us again! I bet I am not alone in this battle ...

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Oh yeah. I "struggle" with this too. Jay will keep pointing to the door (at 4am in the morning!!!) and wanting to watch tv or play, but we will refuse to bring him out. So... yeah, it is a struggle, but they will (slowly but surely) LEARN! :P

    ReplyDelete